We are currently hiring for two positions below: Construction Site Supervisor and ReStore Associate.
Job Description-Construction Site Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Construction
Goal: This position will be to supervise the construction of affordable homes. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of single family and townhouse construction including new construction from vacant lot to C.O. and rehabilitation from existing structure to C.C. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of residential construction.
1. Education/Formal Training: BS in Construction Management, or equivalent work experience.
2. Work Experience: 3 years experience in townhouse and single family residence construction.
3. Aptitudes: Ability to supervise the construction of townhouses and single family dwellings; ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors; ability to lift 50 lbs. or more; ability to operate construction tools and equipment.
On-site person who oversees the actual work being performed by volunteers and sub-contractors for the specific site. Also performs skilled tasks as required to pass inspections and prepare site for volunteer groups.
- Opening site daily
- Maintaining daily sign in
- Scheduling inspections & ensuring buildings are ready for inspections
- Meeting Inspectors for Inspections
- Teaching construction skills to volunteers and prospective homeowners
- Overseeing daily work done by volunteers and paid sub-contractors
- Ensuring materials and tools are on the job site
- Receiving and storing deliveries of building materials
- Maintaining daily site log
- Cultivating individual weekday repeat volunteers
- Maintaining safety on the site
- Preparing site for the following work day
- Reporting weekly work progress to the Director of Construction
- Attending weekly Construction Staff Meeting, Tuesdays @ 1:30pm
- Performing other duties as assigned
7:00am to 3:00pm Tuesday thru Saturday
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Director of Construction
Subject Line: Construction Site Supervisor
Habitat ReStore Associate (Full-time)
General purpose of position:
A Habitat ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 25 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore director & manager
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours); 10:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Hourly compensation: based on experience
Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available
Please email resumes to Baltazar Calafellfirstname.lastname@example.org