Job Title: Development Director
Job Status: Full Time
The position is charged with developing, implementing and evaluating funding strategies for general operating gifts and home sponsorships.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate is a person who:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant development experience in non-profit organizations; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience and contacts in the south Florida community a must.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – strong proofreading and editing skills are a must.
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Is a self-starter, with the ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- Knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred. High competency using Microsoft Office.
In addition, candidates for the position should have:
- Advanced knowledge of fund development theories, principles and procedures
- Strong cultivation skills
- Effective skills for planning and executing special events
- Must enjoy meeting new people and building relationships. Must not be afraid to meet directly with donor and donor prospects and make face-to-face requests for resources and financial support.
Plan, Manage and Evaluate All Aspects of Annual Fund
- Meet annual unrestricted and program-restricted fundraising goals
- Work with Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive written fund development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc., in order to meet annual fundraising goals
- Project and manage fund development expenses.
- Work with Development Associate and Finance Manager to track all donation revenue
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Maintain donor interest and motivate donors to renew or increase their level of involvement by developing cultivation strategies for each constituent group
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts via acknowledgment letters, phone calls, gift policies and adherence to donor bill of rights
- Work with Grant Administrator to make sure that grant applications and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
Prospect Identification and Solicitation
- Work with Development Associate to conduct research to determine best prospects with closest links, aligned interests and greatest ability.
- Coordinate strategies with affiliate staff who are working with the same constituents (e.g. capital campaign, homeowner recruitment, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff or volunteers, as appropriate
- Determine mailing schedule and expand recipient list for newsletters
- Work with Development Associate to write copy for all direct mail solicitations, brochures, sponsorship materials and acknowledgement letters.
- Provide input to other staff as needed (i.e. Grant Administrator re: annual report, Development Associate re: weekly e-newsletter, etc.)
HOURS AND BENEFITS
- Average 40 hours per week, may vary seasonally. Work outside normal business hours is expected.
- Excellent health insurance provided by employer.
Please send resume, references and related work experience to Perry Ecton, email@example.com, or you can mail or drop off a hard copy: Attn-Development Director Position, Habitat for Humanity of Broward, 3564 N Ocean Blvd, Ft Lauderdale FL 33308.
Job Description: Construction Site Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time
Goal: This position will be to supervise the construction of affordable homes. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of single family and townhouse construction including new construction from vacant lot to C.O. and rehabilitation from existing structure to C.C. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of residential construction.
1. Education/Formal Training: BS in Construction Management, or equivalent work experience; Florida building contractor’s license required, or the ability to obtain one in 90 days
2. Work Experience: 3 years experience in townhouse and single family residence construction
3. Aptitudes: Ability to supervise the construction of townhouses and single family dwellings; ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors; ability to lift 50 lbs. or more; ability to operate construction tools and equipment.
On-site person who oversees the actual work being performed by volunteers and sub-contractors for the specific site. Also performs skilled tasks as required to pass inspections and prepare site for volunteer groups.
- Opening site daily
- Maintaining daily sign in
- Scheduling inspections & ensuring buildings are ready for inspections
- Meeting Inspectors for Inspections
- Teaching construction skills to volunteers and prospective homeowners
- Overseeing daily work done by volunteers and paid sub-contractors
- Ensuring materials and tools are on the job site
- Receiving and storing deliveries of building materials
- Maintaining daily site log
- Cultivating individual weekday repeat volunteers
- Maintaining safety on the site
- Preparing site for the following work day
- Reporting weekly work progress to the Director of Construction
- Attending weekly Construction Staff Meeting, Tuesdays @ 1:30pm
- Performing other duties as assigned
7:00am to 3:00pm Tuesday thru Saturday
Please send resume, references and related work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can mail or drop off a hard copy: Attn-Construction Supervisor Position, Habitat for Humanity of Broward, 3564 N Ocean Blvd, Ft Lauderdale FL 33308.