Director of Finance
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is looking for a self-starter to oversee the financial affairs of one of the area’s top non-profit organizations. A degree in accounting and 10+ years of experience are required for this hands-on position. You will work with a diverse group of professionals with the goal of eliminating poverty housing in BrowardCounty. We offer benefits and a flexible work schedule for the right individual.
- B.S. – Accounting degree, M.S. Degree preferred
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of construction
- Quickbooks Pro Software – required at least 3 years experience
- Knowledge of Retail Sales
- Personnel Management of Accounts Payable Associate and Mortgage Service Analyst
- Code, process, and pay all invoices
- Process payroll and benefits with PPO company
- Send out 1099’s – prepare, print, and process.
- Post payments received on loan portfolio and balance to bank records
- Prepare monthly delinquency reports on mortgages
- Code and post cash receipts daily
- Prepare bank deposits daily and monitor online
- Monthly closing including recording of interest income, depreciation, accruals, etc.
- Prepare monthly reports for Board and Finance committees:
- Sources and Uses of Funds
- Budget comparisons of Funding
- Build funding status reports (sponsors, commitments, etc.)
- Delinquency reports
- Cash report detail with footnotes.
- Land buying status and performance to budget
- Tracking of Grants and status
- Manage investments and cash transfers under direction of Treasurer
- Prepare information required for year-end outside audit such as schedules, confirmations, etc.
- Present monthly financial report to Executive Committee (4th Tuesday)
- Prepare annual budget under direction of Treasurer and working closely with Executive Director, construction, fundraising, and other staff
- Prepare monthly home construction cost reports and perpetually monitor them
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for construction, fundraising, Board, etc., as directed by the Executive Director or Treasurer
- Coordinate and prepare information for audits by donor organizations
- Provide financial and other information necessary for preparing grants
- Track all grant applications made
- Track requirements of active grants and prepare necessary reports to donors
- Prepare draws for construction loans
- Prepare bank instructions prior to closings
- Monitor, review, and recommend changes to insurance program
- Administer employee benefits and track time off for staff with review by Executive Director
- Attend Committee meetings as required from time to time and as requested by the Executive Director or Treasurer
- Post sales daily
- Reconcile bank accounts including statements from credit card and check processing companies
- Prepare sales tax report and file tax return online (w/ACH)
- Prepare other balance sheet account reconciliations monthly
- Coordinate and participate in periodic physical inventories
- Test count cash on at least a weekly basis (done by Chair)
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare annual budget and periodic projections
- Handle transfer of title for donations with legal title such as automobiles etc.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to Perry Ectonemail@example.com.
Or drop off/mail to: Habitat for Humanity of Broward, 3564 N Ocean Blvd, Ft Lauderdale FL 33308