Job Description-ReStore Director
REPORTS TO: HFHB Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: ReStore staff and other employees who may be temporarily assigned
INDIRECT REPORTING: Volunteers, Vendor Personnel
MISSION: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of HFHB operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore products. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its Affiliates.
POSITION SUMMARY: Implements and drives programs for donation. Provides sustained Network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based Trade/Business Groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of HFHB mission in the community. Operations management, including: consistent, safe and positive development of Associates and assets in order to provide a high quality Donor to customer experience.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Habitat ReStore
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skills.
- Understand and communicate to all Associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Prepare and deliver (or supervise/participate in the delivery of) presentations in individual and group settings to create and expand long-term mutually beneficial relationships with current and prospective donors, civic/business organizations, governmental bodies and other non-profit organizations.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
- Track movement of building materials and re-stock retail areas as needed.
- Monitor equipment and arrange for maintenance and repairs.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
- Participate in developing and implementing a Public Relations Plan to work with local organizations and media to further the mission of Habitat ReStore and local affiliate.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
- Develop and present proposals to the executive director for direct approval or support for presentation to the Board.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer manager and the executive director, when required.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve and ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to Accounts Payable and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the executive director and finance to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
- Identify gaps/problems/concerns and bring modification recommendations of existing policies to the attention of the executive director.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to executive director.
- Information, work and safety practices are reinforced with Associates and others who will be in the facility and property.
- Keep executive director informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Possess the knowledge and skills associated with a BA or BS degree and a minimum of 5 years of recent retail management experience.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Self-motivated individual who believes that diversity is a key to success.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety-conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 lbs. Job entails occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability . . . a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal Presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Please email resumes to Perry Ecton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: Construction Site Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Construction
Goal: This position will be to supervise the construction of affordable homes. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of single family and townhouse construction including new construction from vacant lot to C.O. and rehabilitation from existing structure to C.C. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of residential construction.
1. Education/Formal Training: BS in Construction Management, or equivalent work experience; Florida building contractor’s license required, or the ability to obtain one in 90 days
2. Work Experience: 3 years experience in townhouse and single family residence construction
3. Aptitudes: Ability to supervise the construction of townhouses and single family dwellings; ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors; ability to lift 50 lbs. or more; ability to operate construction tools and equipment.
On-site person who oversees the actual work being performed by volunteers and sub-contractors for the specific site. Also performs skilled tasks as required to pass inspections and prepare site for volunteer groups.
- Opening site daily
- Maintaining daily sign in
- Scheduling inspections & ensuring buildings are ready for inspections
- Meeting Inspectors for Inspections
- Teaching construction skills to volunteers and prospective homeowners
- Overseeing daily work done by volunteers and paid sub-contractors
- Ensuring materials and tools are on the job site
- Receiving and storing deliveries of building materials
- Maintaining daily site log
- Cultivating individual weekday repeat volunteers
- Maintaining safety on the site
- Preparing site for the following work day
- Reporting weekly work progress to the Director of Construction
- Attending weekly Construction Staff Meeting, Tuesdays @ 1:30pm
- Performing other duties as assigned
7:00am to 3:00pm Tuesday through Saturday
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Director of Construction
Subject Line: Construction Supervisor
Habitat Broward is an EEOO employer: “All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”.