Company Overview-Habitat for Humanity of Broward is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing by building affordable homes in partnership with families in need. The Habitat ReStore is a discount retail outlet that sells reusable and surplus building materials, furniture, appliances and many other items at a fraction of their original price with profits going to fund Habitat’s goal of building homes for needy families.
Job Summary: Supervises, directs and participates with ReStore managers, employees, and community service volunteers in providing outstanding customer and donor satisfaction to ensure sales and profits are maximized.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school degree with some college is preferred.
- 5 years of successful retail management experience in hardware and or home improvement.
- Possesses outstanding people skills and enjoys working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Has an outstanding hands-on work ethic and sense of urgency to do “whatever it takes to get the job done”.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial statements, payroll, inventory and vendor controls to maintain and increase profitability.
- Highly ethical individual who nurtures a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Possesses knowledge of truck routing to ensure efficient donation pickups.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and hold accountable all subordinates in a positive manner.
- Ability to move and handle furniture and fixtures which will require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore Director