We are currently hiring for the following positions: Development Director, and Two ReStore Floor Associates (one full-time, one part-time)
The position is charged with developing, implementing and evaluating funding strategies for general operating gifts and home sponsorships.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate is a person who:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant development experience in non-profit organizations; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience and contacts in the south Florida community a must.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – strong proofreading and editing skills are a must.
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Is a self-starter, with the ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- Knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred. High competency using Microsoft Office.
In addition, candidates for the position should have:
- Advanced knowledge of fund development theories, principles and procedures
- Strong cultivation skills
- Effective skills for planning and executing special events
- Must enjoy meeting new people and building relationships. Must not be afraid to meet directly with donor and donor prospects and make face-to-face requests for resources and financial support.
Plan, Manage and Evaluate All Aspects of Annual Fund
- Meet annual unrestricted and program-restricted fundraising goals
- Work with Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive written fund development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc., in order to meet annual fundraising goals
- Project and manage fund development expenses.
- Work with Development Associate and Finance Manager to track all donation revenue
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Maintain donor interest and motivate donors to renew or increase their level of involvement by developing cultivation strategies for each constituent group
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts via acknowledgment letters, phone calls, gift policies and adherence to donor bill of rights
- Work with Grant Administrator to make sure that grant applications and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
Prospect Identification and Solicitation
- Work with Development Associate to conduct research to determine best prospects with closest links, aligned interests and greatest ability.
- Coordinate strategies with affiliate staff who are working with the same constituents (e.g. capital campaign, homeowner recruitment, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff or volunteers, as appropriate
- Determine mailing schedule and expand recipient list for newsletters
- Work with Development Associate to write copy for all direct mail solicitations, brochures, sponsorship materials and acknowledgement letters.
- Provide input to other staff as needed (i.e. Grant Administrator re: annual report, Development Associate re: weekly e-newsletter, etc.)
Hours and Benefits
- Average 40 hours per week, may vary seasonally. Work outside normal business hours is expected.
- Excellent health insurance provided by employer
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Executive Director
Subject Line: Development Director
ReStore Floor Associate (One Full-Time, One Part-Time)
Floor Associate-Habitat ReStore (Full Time 40/hours/week, Part Time 20/hours/week)
Job Description- The associate will unload donations and load customer purchases into their vehicle and respond to any customer inquiries in order to provide excellent customer service.
* Must be able to lift 75 lb.s
*High School Diploma or GED required
*Available to work 4-8PM Monday-Saturday
*Maintains a clean and safe environment
Compensation- Hourly based on experience.
Subject Line: ReStore Floor Associate
Please email resumes to email@example.com