ReStore General Manager
Company Overview-Habitat for Humanity of Broward is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing by building affordable homes in partnership with families in need. The Habitat ReStore is a discount retail outlet that sells reusable and surplus building materials, furniture, appliances and many other items at a fraction of their original price with profits going to fund Habitat’s goal of building homes for needy families.
Job Summary: Supervises, directs and participates with ReStore managers, employees, and community service volunteers in providing outstanding customer and donor satisfaction to ensure sales and profits are maximized.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school degree with some college is preferred.
- 5 years of successful retail management experience in hardware and or home improvement.
- Possesses outstanding people skills and enjoys working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Has an outstanding hands-on work ethic and sense of urgency to do “whatever it takes to get the job done”.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial statements, payroll, inventory and vendor controls to maintain and increase profitability.
- Highly ethical individual who nurtures a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Possesses knowledge of truck routing to ensure efficient donation pickups.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and hold accountable all subordinates in a positive manner.
- Ability to move and handle furniture and fixtures which will require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore General Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Time Requirements: Approximately 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is a non-profit, Christian organization that builds houses in partnership with low-income families. With the help of volunteer labor from faith-based organizations, corporate groups, and individual volunteers, Habitat is able to accomplish our mission of providing families in need with simple, decent affordable homes.
Goal: This position will be to recruit and retain volunteers for the construction of affordable homes, at our ReStore, in our office, and other areas as needed.
Requirements: This must be an outgoing individual with excellent organizational and computer skills as well as a desire to make a difference in the lives of families in need. This person must be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of people and be capable and enthusiastic about working with volunteers and future homeowners in both an office and construction site setting.
Serve as the coordinator in the office who recruits and retains volunteers:
- Schedule individual & group volunteers
- Recruit volunteers in all areas (construction, ReStore, office, etc)
- Field and respond to phone and email inquiries
- Oversee entry of volunteer data into database weekly
- Update volunteer opportunities on website monthly
- Provide ongoing recognition for individual and group volunteers
- Organize annual volunteer appreciation event
- Serve as staff liaison to the Volunteer Committee
On site logistics:
- Volunteer welcome, sign in and sign out
- Hospitality (gatorade, snacks and lunches as needed)
- Photograph volunteers, publish and maintain photo data base
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Office experience required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
Resumes will be accepted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Perry Ecton
Subject Line: Volunteer Coordinator
ReStore Floor Associate
General purpose of position:
A Habitat Broward ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 25 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore General Manager & Manager
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours); 10:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job. Hourly compensation: based on experience.
- Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore Floor Associate
Job Title: ReStore Cashier
Job Status: Hourly
Job Statement: Position will be responsible for processing payments for purchase of items, answering questions about the store and merchandise, welcoming customers to the store to provide a positive shopping experience for customers at the ReStore.
Responsible to: ReStore Manager
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise. Refer to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing.
- Process cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Keep up-to-date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
- Greet customers, answer questions, and provide assistance as needed.
- Answer telephone and provide store information, directions, etc. to callers.
- Assist with customer drop-off donations
- Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- Direct pricing and operation questions to ReStore Manager or designated staff.
- Regularly communicate with ReStore Manager regarding sales issues and problems.
- Provide superior customer service to donors and customers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
- Perform other general duties as assigned.
Qualifications or special skills needed:
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to operate a cash register with proficiency. Experience working in a retail store environment is desirable.
- Must be able to follow instructions while working independently.
- Exhibit accuracy and good record-keeping when handling financial transactions.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time and be able to lift 25+ lbs. with assistance.
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- The employee must be dedicated to Habitat for Humanity of Broward’s Mission, and willing to work closely with all staff and volunteers.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: ReStore Cashier
Habitat Broward is an EEOO employer: “All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”.