ReStore General Manager
Company Overview-Habitat for Humanity of Broward is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing by building affordable homes in partnership with families in need. The Habitat ReStore is a discount retail outlet that sells reusable and surplus building materials, furniture, appliances and many other items at a fraction of their original price with profits going to fund Habitat’s goal of building homes for needy families.
Job Summary: Supervises, directs and participates with ReStore managers, employees, and community service volunteers in providing outstanding customer and donor satisfaction to ensure sales and profits are maximized.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school degree with some college is preferred.
- 5 years of successful retail management experience in hardware and or home improvement.
- Possesses outstanding people skills and enjoys working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Has an outstanding hands-on work ethic and sense of urgency to do “whatever it takes to get the job done”.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial statements, payroll, inventory and vendor controls to maintain and increase profitability.
- Highly ethical individual who nurtures a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Possesses knowledge of truck routing to ensure efficient donation pickups.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and hold accountable all subordinates in a positive manner.
- Ability to move and handle furniture and fixtures which will require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore General Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Time Requirements: Approximately 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is a non-profit, Christian organization that builds houses in partnership with low-income families. With the help of volunteer labor from faith-based organizations, corporate groups, and individual volunteers, Habitat is able to accomplish our mission of providing families in need with simple, decent affordable homes.
Goal: This position will be to recruit and retain volunteers for the construction of affordable homes, at our ReStore, in our office, and other areas as needed.
Requirements: This must be an outgoing individual with excellent organizational and computer skills as well as a desire to make a difference in the lives of families in need. This person must be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of people and be capable and enthusiastic about working with volunteers and future homeowners in both an office and construction site setting.
Serve as the coordinator in the office who recruits and retains volunteers:
- Schedule individual & group volunteers
- Recruit volunteers in all areas (construction, ReStore, office, etc)
- Field and respond to phone and email inquiries
- Oversee entry of volunteer data into database weekly
- Update volunteer opportunities on website monthly
- Provide ongoing recognition for individual and group volunteers
- Organize annual volunteer appreciation event
- Serve as staff liaison to the Volunteer Committee
On site logistics:
- Volunteer welcome, sign in and sign out
- Hospitality (gatorade, snacks and lunches as needed)
- Photograph volunteers, publish and maintain photo data base
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Office experience required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
Resumes will be accepted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Perry Ecton
Subject Line: Volunteer Coordinator
Habitat Broward is an EEOO employer: “All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”.