We are currently hiring for (two) positions: Family Services Director and ReStore Driver/Floor Associate
Family Services Director
The Family Services Director (FSD) provides direction for all of the operations of the Family Program Department. The position reports to the Executive Director.
A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, and five years work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The FSD should demonstrate an ability to work with diverse populations and work with large and small groups. In addition, the FSD should demonstrate an ability to communicate with others in a clear, professional manner. Finally, the FSD should demonstrate an ability to receive and follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work is required. It is an exempt salary position.
1. Manage the Family Program Department details from recruitment to closing/move-in. Including, but not limited to, Family Selection, Family Support, Homeowner Education and the Youth Empowerment Program.
- Provide oversight and direction to the marketing and recruitment process: to ensure departmental goals are met, to ensure recruitment occurs in all cities served in Broward County, to ensure the required number of families are selected for partnership in order to meet affiliate annual goal.
- Provide oversight and direction to the design, management, and implementation of the Homeowner Education program and Youth Empowerment Program.
- Provide oversight and direction to the design, management, and implementation of Family Partner Sweat Equity opportunities.
- Provide oversight and direction to the process of collecting necessary certification documents needed to facilitate the closing/move-in paperwork.
2. Direct the family selection process.
- Including affiliate adherence to applicable Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity laws which apply to the process.
- Including research and development of policies needed to comply with HFHI directives or to provide clear procedural direction to the process.
- Including communication with Executive Director and Family Selection Committee as needed to facilitate the process.
3. Cultivate Homeowners as ongoing affiliate partners.
- Work with Family Support Mentors for newly approved family partners.
- Advocacy representative when needed.
4. Direct the Closing process
- Facilitate the pre-closing meetings
- Create pre-closing documentation and assist families with purchase assistance applications
5. Coordinate with other directors and departments as needed to facilitate affiliate goals.
- Construction Department regarding build schedule, final options, change orders, pre-construction meeting, move-in or any other site management issues involving family partners.
- Development Department regarding issues involving families and sponsors i.e., build schedules, donations or special gifts to the family, speaking engagements, sponsor events, etc.
- Volunteer Department regarding issues of site coordination, management of partner families and family volunteers, and sweat equity opportunities.
- ReStore to coordinate sweat equity management and opportunities for partner families.
- Attorney/Title company in facilitation of closings
- Accounting Department as needed to assist with counseling and problem solving with partner families.
6. Function as the primary advocate within the affiliate regarding issues specific to family partners (which may include training regarding family issues and/or working with families).
7. Supervise AmeriCorps and/or VISTA members assigned to the Family Department.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Subject line: Family Services Director
ReStore General Manager
REPORTS TO: HFHB Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: ReStore staff and other employees who may be temporarily assigned
INDIRECT REPORTING: Volunteers, Vendor Personnel
MISSION: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of HFHB operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore products. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its Affiliates.
POSITION SUMMARY: Implements and drives programs for donation. Provides sustained Network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based Trade/Business Groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of HFHB mission in the community. Operations management, including: consistent, safe and positive development of Associates and assets in order to provide a high quality Donor to customer experience.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Habitat ReStore
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skills.
- Understand and communicate to all Associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Prepare and deliver (or supervise/participate in the delivery of) presentations in individual and group settings to create and expand long-term mutually beneficial relationships with current and prospective donors, civic/business organizations, governmental bodies and other non-profit organizations.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
- Track movement of building materials and re-stock retail areas as needed.
- Monitor equipment and arrange for maintenance and repairs.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
- Participate in developing and implementing a Public Relations Plan to work with local organizations and media to further the mission of Habitat ReStore and local affiliate.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
- Develop and present proposals to the executive director for direct approval or support for presentation to the Board.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer manager and the executive director, when required.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve and ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to Accounts Payable and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the executive director and finance to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
- Identify gaps/problems/concerns and bring modification recommendations of existing policies to the attention of the executive director.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to executive director.
- Information, work and safety practices are reinforced with Associates and others who will be in the facility and property.
- Keep executive director informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Possess the knowledge and skills associated with a BA or BS degree and a minimum of 5 years of recent retail management experience.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Self-motivated individual who believes that diversity is a key to success.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety-conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 lbs. Job entails occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability . . . a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal Presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Executive Director
Subject Line: ReStore GM
Land Acquisition & Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Goal: This position will be to manage acquisition and development of land in support of the construction of affordable homes. Strong organizational skills are required to schedule work across multiple work sites while meeting the needs of multiple house sponsors. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of land acquisition and development. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of land acquisition and development for single-family and townhouse construction, including preparing feasibility studies, environmental impact, property design, zoning, permitting, and bidding, through the development of required infrastructure.
- Education/Formal Training: 4 year college degree; MSRE or equivalent preferred. Engineering, Construction Management and/or Business Education a plus
- Work Experience: 10 years experience in land acquisition and development for townhouse and single-family residence construction.
- Aptitudes: Highly organized, ability to prioritize high pressure deliverables; ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors.
- Computer Literacy: Word, Excel, Email, Project Management
Manager who identifies and acquires land for residential development, including all necessary approvals and infrastructure required to prepare land for home construction. Also performs skilled tasks as required to obtain necessary approvals, permits, and competitive bids, and instruct staff and volunteers.
- Identify and Acquire Land
- Maintain 3-5 Year potential build schedule
- Obtain all necessary approvals to proceed with desired residential development/construction
- Coordinate with Development Manager for Site and Infrastructure funding
- Bid and supervise the development of all infrastructure
- Coordinate with Construction Manager for 1-2 year build schedule, house designs and budgets
- Acquire necessary building permits (includes competitive bidding and acquiring sub-contractors and suppliers)
- Procurement by project
- Maintain property until turned over to Construction (includes lawn maintenance and code violations)
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday; occasional evenings and weekends to attend required municipal meetings and/or events
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Executive Director
Subject Line: Land Acquisition & Development Manager
ReStore Driver/Floor Associate
General purpose of position:
A Habitat Broward ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore General Manager & Manager
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours); 10:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job. Hourly compensation: based on experience.
- Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore Driver/Floor Associate