We are currently hiring for two positions: MANAGER-HABITAT FOR HUMANITY RESTORE, FLOOR ASSOCIATE-HABITAT FOR HUMANITY RESTORE
MANAGER-HABITAT FOR HUMANITY RESTORE
Company Overview– Habitat for Humanity of Broward County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing by building affordable homes in partnership with families in need. The Habitat ReStore is a discount retail outlet that sells reusable and surplus building materials, furniture, appliances and many other items at a fraction of their original price with profits going to fund Habitat’s goal of building homes for needy families.
MANAGER – Job Summary: Supervises and participates with ReStore employees and volunteers in providing outstanding customer and donor satisfaction to ensure sales and profits are maximized.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school degree with some college is preferred.
- 3 years of successful retail management experience in hardware and or home improvement.
- Possesses outstanding people skills and enjoys working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Has an outstanding hands on work ethic and sense of urgency to do “whatever it takes to get the job done”.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial statements, payroll, inventory and vendor controls to maintain and increase profitability.
- Highly ethical individual who nurtures a safe and fun work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and hold accountable all subordinates in a positive manner.
- Ability to move and handle furniture and fixtures which will require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: ReStore Manager
FLOOR ASSOCIATE-HABITAT FOR HUMANITY RESTORE
General purpose of position:
A Habitat ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 25 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore General Manager & Manager
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours per week); 9:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Hourly compensation: based on experience
Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Subject Line: ReStore Floor Associate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or disability.
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer