Job Description-Construction Site Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Construction
Goal: This position will be to supervise the construction of affordable homes. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of single family and townhouse construction including new construction from vacant lot to C.O. and rehabilitation from existing structure to C.C. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of residential construction.
1. Education/Formal Training: BS in Construction Management, or equivalent work experience.
2. Work Experience: 3 years experience in townhouse and single family residence construction.
3. Aptitudes: Ability to supervise the construction of townhouses and single family dwellings; ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors; ability to lift 50 lbs. or more; ability to operate construction tools and equipment.
On-site person who oversees the actual work being performed by volunteers and sub-contractors for the specific site. Also performs skilled tasks as required to pass inspections and prepare site for volunteer groups.
- Opening site daily
- Maintaining daily sign in
- Scheduling inspections & ensuring buildings are ready for inspections
- Meeting Inspectors for Inspections
- Teaching construction skills to volunteers and prospective homeowners
- Overseeing daily work done by volunteers and paid sub-contractors
- Ensuring materials and tools are on the job site
- Receiving and storing deliveries of building materials
- Maintaining daily site log
- Cultivating individual weekday repeat volunteers
- Maintaining safety on the site
- Preparing site for the following work day
- Reporting weekly work progress to the Director of Construction
- Attending weekly Construction Staff Meeting, Tuesdays @ 1:30pm
- Performing other duties as assigned
7:00am to 3:00pm Tuesday thru Saturday
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Habitat for Humanity of Broward
Attention: Director of Construction
Subject Line: Construction Site Supervisor