ReStore Floor Associate
General purpose of position:
A Habitat Broward ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 25 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore General Manager & Manager
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours); 10:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job. Hourly compensation: based on experience.
- Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore Floor Associate
Job Title: ReStore Cashier
Job Status: Hourly
Job Statement: Position will be responsible for processing payments for purchase of items, answering questions about the store and merchandise, welcoming customers to the store to provide a positive shopping experience for customers at the ReStore.
Responsible to: ReStore Manager
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise. Refer to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing.
- Process cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Keep up-to-date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
- Greet customers, answer questions, and provide assistance as needed.
- Answer telephone and provide store information, directions, etc. to callers.
- Assist with customer drop-off donations
- Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- Direct pricing and operation questions to ReStore Manager or designated staff.
- Regularly communicate with ReStore Manager regarding sales issues and problems.
- Provide superior customer service to donors and customers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
- Perform other general duties as assigned.
Qualifications or special skills needed:
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to operate a cash register with proficiency. Experience working in a retail store environment is desirable.
- Must be able to follow instructions while working independently.
- Exhibit accuracy and good record-keeping when handling financial transactions.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time and be able to lift 25+ lbs. with assistance.
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- The employee must be dedicated to Habitat for Humanity of Broward’s Mission, and willing to work closely with all staff and volunteers.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: ReStore Cashier
Habitat Broward is an EEOO employer: “All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”.