We are currently hiring for one position: ReStore Cashier.
Job Status: Hourly
Job Statement: Position will be responsible for processing payments for purchase of items, while providing a welcoming and positive shopping experience for customers and callers at the ReStore. Other tasks include: answering telephones, scheduling pick-ups, as well as providing merchandise and store information, directions, etc.
Responsible to: ReStore Manager
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise. Refer to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing.
- Process cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Keep up-to-date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
- Greet customers, answer questions, and provide assistance as needed.
- Answer telephone and provide store information, directions, etc. to callers.
- Assist with customer drop-off donations
- Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- Direct pricing and operation questions to ReStore Manager or designated staff.
- Regularly communicate with ReStore Manager regarding sales issues and problems.
- Provide superior customer service to donors and customers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
- Perform other general duties as assigned.
Qualifications or special skills needed:
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to operate a cash register with proficiency. Experience working in a retail store environment is desirable.
- Must be able to follow instructions while working independently.
- Exhibit accuracy and good record-keeping when handling financial transactions.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time and be able to lift 25+ lbs. with assistance.
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- The employee must be dedicated to Habitat for Humanity of Broward’s Mission, and willing to work closely with all staff and volunteers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or disability.
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resumes to email@example.com
Subject Line: ReStore Cashier