We are currently hiring for one position: ReStore Driver/Floor Associate
We are also hiring for AmeriCorps members. Please visit https://www.habitat.org/americorps to apply.
ReStore Driver/ Floor Associate
General purpose of position:
A Habitat Broward ReStore driver is responsible for a variety of duties (maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience with the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Must pass background check and drug testing
Reports to: Habitat ReStore General Manager and Managers
Time requirements: Full time (40 hours); 9:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job. Hourly compensation: based on experience.
- Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available.
Resumes may be submitted via email to:
Subject Line: ReStore Driver/Floor Associate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or disability.
Habitat for Humanity of Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer