Habitat’s Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity of Broward brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat Broward offers a “hand up” not a “hand out” to low to very low-income families who are unable to qualify for conventional financing but are willing to work hard to improve their family’s lives.
- Empower partner families through education, resources and support to successfully achieve their personal, academic and professional goals
- Teach the youth of future homeowner families the skills and attitudes needed to make better life choices and break the intergenerational cycle of poverty
- Increase awareness and educate the community regarding issues related to the affordable housing crisis and what they can do to help
- Pursue green building certification for Habitat Broward homes in order to make our design more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Revitalize and strengthen the community by building affordable homes throughout Broward County.
The tithe – Habitat continues the cycle of sharing in accordance with the Old Testament model of tithing. Each Habitat affiliate gives a 10% tithe on the money raised locally to help build homes in severely impoverished countries. Global missions trips for Apostle Build Churches are available.
Putting faith into action – Habitat provides a tangible opportunity for people to put their faith and love into action. We bring diverse groups of people together to make affordable housing and better communities a reality for everyone.
Sharing resources to help others – By sharing resources with those in need, Habitat volunteers and supporters have made decent, affordable housing a reality for more than 300,000 families worldwide. Partner families purchase their homes interest-free, and mortgage income is “paid forward” to help build other Habitat homes.
The theology of the hammer – Through Habitat, people of all beliefs and from all walks of life can come together, pick up a hammer, and help others build a better life.
Habitat for Humanity of Broward will not proselytize. Nor will HFHB work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with HFHB. This means that HFHB will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.