Founded in 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Broward – the local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International – is a non-profit, non-denominational Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing in Broward County by building simple, decent, affordable homes in partnership with families in need.
Habitat Broward offers a “hand up” not a “hand out” to low to very low-income families who are unable to qualify for conventional financing but are willing to work hard to improve their family’s lives.
- Empower partner families through education, resources and support to successfully achieve their personal, academic and professional goals
- Teach the youth of future homeowner families the skills and attitudes needed to make better life choices and break the intergenerational cycle of poverty
- Increase awareness and educate the community regarding issues related to the affordable housing crisis and what they can do to help
- Pursue green building certification for Habitat Broward homes in order to make our design more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Revitalize and strengthen the community by building affordable homes throughout Broward County.
Sustainable Business Model-click to view