In 2007, Habitat Broward launched its youth enrichment program, now called Blueprints4Life, as an expansion of the education and support services provided to homeowner families.
- Provide the tools and resources needed for youth to break the cycle of poverty and reach their full potential
- Create opportunities for youth to become invested in and contribute to their family’s journey to homeownership
- Provide youth mentoring and support in order to develop confidence, respect and a positive self-image
Blueprints4Life is geared toward empowering youth to become mentally, physically and emotionally prepared to engage in educational and community opportunities that will serve them well into adulthood.
Throughout the year, Habitat Broward collaborates with a variety of community organizations to facilitate workshops on topics such as nutrition and fitness, drug prevention, financial literacy, etiquette, domestic violence prevention, safety, leadership skills, HIV/STD prevention and much more.
2010-11 Blueprints4Life Collaborative Partners
- Saint Anthony Catholic School
- A Child is Missing
- Broward County Schools’ Office of Prevention Programs
- Humane Society of Broward County
- SPCA Wildlife Care Center
- Teen Challenge
- Women in Distress of Broward County, Inc.